Citation Formatting Api
The EasyBib citation formatting API is a way for third parties to create accurate, fully-formatted bibliographical citations. It is a REST-based API that works by receiving raw source data and responding with a formatted citation.
Some use cases for this API include:
- Electronic databases utilizing the API to create exportable citations for their content
- Online newspapers and scientific journals using the API to create citations for their articles
- Blogs adding citations for their posts to encourage readers to cite them in their own works
- Research applications using the Citations API to generate citations for later retrieval
As with any API, there are some rules of the road. We’re a pretty flexible with how you use the API, but set the following terms:
To utilize the API, you need an authentication key that we tie to an IP. Abuse of our service will result in a revocation of your key. Commercial or high traffic usage of the API may be subject to fees. Please contact us for more details.
Our current formatting API version is 2.1.
- Documentation: Formatting API version 2.1
- Documentation: Get a fully formatted citation for your own use
- Documentation: “Export to EasyBib”: Populate EasyBib form fields with citation data
- Documentation: Citation Object Specification
- Reference: List of additional source field names
- Reference: Debugging-Tips and Analytics
A swagger specification is available upon request.